Innovation in software testing is not a new phenomenon. With breakthroughs in technology, we have been witnessing many changes in the last two decades in the software testing arena. Earlier, testing implied the use of manual processes that involved the necessity for coding expertise and the need for human supervision to ensure everything went right. Manual testing gave way to test automation that enabled testers to automate repetitive tasks and simplified the lengthy manual processes.
Today, most organizations rely heavily on automation testing to ensure the software they release is perfect. As per Global Market Insights, the automation testing market crossed USD 20 billion in 2022 and is poised to soar to even greater heights in the coming years. But, innovations have not come to a standstill after automation testing.
Script-based automation testing has been replaced by scriptless or no-code automation testing, allowing even non-technical testers to execute complex test scripts easily. The most recent innovation in software testing is, however, AI testing, which has taken the testing process to heights earlier considered impossible.
AI automation tools let you automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks and allow your testers to focus on other critical testing tasks that need more attention. AI helps testers find more bugs in less time, making applications more accurate and reliable.
How AI Testing Has Revolutionized Software Testing
Among the top advantages that AI-powered tools offer is they have helped accelerate the testing process and have made test maintenance a breeze for developers and testers.
Key benefits offered by AI testing tools:
- Self-healing capabilities to make test maintenance easier
- Facilitate continuous testing
- Enhanced API-testing features
- Most of these tools are scriptless, so anyone can use them
- Offer advanced defect-tracing capabilities
- Greater accuracy of test results
- More cost-effective and time-saving than other methods since writing scripts is not required, and more tests are conducted in parallel
Undoubtedly, AI testing tools will be around for years because of the benefits they provide. If you have not yet incorporated AI testing into your organization, this is the best time to do so. AI testing, when done with the right tool, can help you attain your business objectives and improve your market standing. You can release high-quality, defect-free applications on time that meet the quality standards expected by your users.
Selecting a suitable AI tool is no easy task, with the range of tools available these days. To make your selection process effortless, we present the five top AI testing tools with their features for you to compare.
Top AI Testing Tools To Consider For Your Testing Project
The codeless automation testing platform that has impressed organizations with its cost-effectiveness, greater testing speed, superior performance, and high accuracy is TestGrid, with its user-friendly interface and powerful features. With TestGrid, testers, even if they are inexperienced in coding, can automate their testing by writing test cases in English, BDD, or CSV and then paste them into its AI portal to generate test cases.
Features of TestGrid:
- Facilitates auto-healing of your codeless tests, preventing their failure by automatically relocating valid locators of broken objects
- Reduces worries of test maintenance with its AI features
- AI-powered scriptless writing saves testers’ precious time
- Automate all platforms, including web and mobile apps, custom hardware, and IoT
- Scale your testing up or down as per your changing requirements
- One-stop platform for all testing needs like API testing and cross-browser testing
- Test your apps across thousands of real devices to evaluate them against real-life user conditions
- Get detailed insights into your application through test logs for easy debugging
- Run hundreds of tests simultaneously and save time and costs
It is a well-known AI-powered testing tool that is utilized for automating desktop, mobile, and web apps. Besides software testing, this AI/ML tool is also used for visual management and monitoring of software.
Features of Applitools:
- Perform tests with just a single line of code
- It lets you integrate existing tests, preventing the need to create new scripts
- Offers excellent test maintenance features for efficient management of tests
- Provides cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Offers features for getting visual test analytics
It is an AI-based tool that is trusted by companies worldwide for performance, functional, and load testing. With the power of ML and AI, it helps accelerate test creation, maintenance, and diagnosis.
Features of Functionize:
- Easily create functional test cases in plain English and NLP
- Lets you generate realistic tests with real data from previous tests and user journeys
- Integrates easily into your CI/CD pipelines
- Allows quick identification of bugs and reduces test failures
- User-friendly interface that reduces your stress
It is yet another popular testing tool that is suitable for testing mobile, API, UI, and even PC software. Its codeless test automation and its cloud infrastructure make testing faster and more efficient.
Features of AccelQ:
- Its intuitive UI is simple, yet it is powerful enough to handle real-world complexities
- It is a cost-effective tool that lowers the maintenance needs of your tests
- Facilitates continuous testing of your applications
- Supports in-sprint automation
- Offers a smaller learning curve for testers and gives excellent customer support
This AI-powered platform is popularly relied upon for high-quality testing of applications. The low-code testing platform improves test coverage with its AI-powered features.
Features of Katalon:
- Allows quick recording and playback of real-world scenarios
- Provides real-time visibility and actionable insights into your apps
- Enables AI-based self-healing of tests
- Provides test failure analysis
- Offers a unified IDE for testing all your apps
Evidently, no organization can ignore AI if it wants to gain a competitive advantage and increase its ROI. With AI-backed software testing, you are assured that your software products are superior in every respect, be it user experience or functionality.
With an advanced, AI-powered automation platform like TestGrid, automating even the most sophisticated apps is easy and economical. TestGrid allows you to save up to 50% of your testing costs and increase the speed of software delivery to market by 45%, providing the competitive edge you deserve.